Sunday, November 30, 2008

Getting it finally!

As i had posted last about my radio rendezvous that i had not received the prize money, it took a while to get it and also some effort. When i had won the prize i was told that i would be getting a call from the station and i need to go and collect the prize money. I was waiting and it was after a good month and half i called them to enquire about it. To my utter dismay and astonishment i found them telling me that they do not have my number in their records and hence i cannot receive the prize! :-)

It was a bolt from the blue and i had to call them a few times to convince them of their mistake. It was as if they had conveniently forgotten about it. Then i spoke to the RJ who had asked me the questions. He asked me the questions that were asked me then and only after i told him the correct questions he was convinced that i was indeed who i was and that i had won the prize! Whew... Their lame excuse was that they had somehow mistakenly put some other number in place of mine! :-)

Kahaani abhi katam nahi huyi hain.... ;-)

With great anticipation, I went to the radio station which was quite far from where i stay to collect the prize. It is a nice funky looking place to say the least. I was asked to sign a few documents and was told that i will be given a call when the cheque arrives and then i can go and collect it! I was like, God... why couldnt they have got the cheques and then called me... I had to make one more trip to this far away place....

When the call finally came, i went there again. However there was a glitch! :-) I had not taken my PAN card as it was mandatory. I had taken it the first time i had been there and hence didnt think it was necessary to carry it again. But they wanted it and they asked me to come again with it to take the prize money. This was the last straw and i snapped! Big time!!

I gave them a mouthful.(Trust me i didn't hurl any abuses, it was done very politely :-) )
It made the impact and they agreed to send me the cheque once they receive the Faxed copy of my PAN. This was done by me the very day and after 2 days i got the cheque!!!!

What all one has to do to get what is theirs rightfully!! :-) :-) It seemed an ordeal. But i got it finally

2 comments:

Ashwini Prabhakar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SteelySouthpaw said...

"I gave them a mouthful.(Trust me i didn't hurl any abuses, it was done very politely :-) ) "

I trust you on this definitely . . haha